The main reason that some people take opportunities when they arise, and others do not, is that some people are ready.
They have their business plan ready and all they need to do is take advantage of the opportunities.
Where can you find the right business plan?
If your business is based in the United States - click here
If your business is based in the U.K. - click here
Ideas To Action.
Part 32 - Blog.
Any business blog is a marketing channel (just like social media, direct mail, email marketing, etc.) that helps support business growth. It does that by driving traffic to your website and providing opportunities for that traffic to convert in some way. Traffic for various businesses might convert differently -- some aim to turn traffic into leads to hand over to a sales team, others may aim to convert traffic into customers via an online transaction -- but ultimately, business blogging will initiate conversions that drive more business.
- It helps drive traffic to your website - Every time you write a blog post, it is one more indexed page on your website, which means it is one more opportunity for your business to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic search.
- Blogging also helps your business get discovered via social media. Every time you write a blog post, you are creating content that people can share on social networks -- Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest - which helps expose your business to a new audience that may not know you yet.
- Blog content also helps keep your social media presence going -- instead of coming up with brand new original content for social media, your blog can serve as that repository of content.
- It helps convert that traffic into leads. Just like every blog post you write is another indexed page, each post is a new opportunity to generate new leads for your business.
- It helps establish authority - The best business blogs answer common questions their leads and customers have. If you are consistently creating content that's helpful for your target customer, it will help establish you as an authority in their eyes.
- If prospects find answers to their common questions via blog posts written by people at your business, they are much more likely to come into the sales process trusting what you have to say because you have helped them in the past.
- Prospects that have been reading your blog posts will typically enter the sales process more educated on your businesses place in the market, your industry, and what you have to offer.
- It drives long-term results. About 70% of your traffic each month will come from posts that were not published in the current month.
- More Time to Connect with Your Targets. While your website’s essential pages might be perfectly crafted, sometimes a visitor just wants more before they are ready to become a client, customer, or subscriber.
- Another Chanel of Communication. Each post on your blog and its accompanying comment form gives your audience another opportunity to get in touch with your business.
- Shameless Self-Promotion. If you frame it in the right way, your blog can be a great way to share projects you have completed, clients you have landed, or accolades your been awarded. Some businesses even share their revenue and income reports on their blogs.
Starting a blog for your new venture is an excellent way to connect with potential buyers and building up your brand. An interesting business blog is one of the most worthwhile and straightforward ways to promote your business. Done correctly, it will bring potential customers to your online store, multiply your revenues and confirm you as an authority in the industry; helping you to contact new buyers. Luckily for you plenty of small companies are not aware of the benefits of writing a blog.
The key to a rewarding blog is supplying your prospective customers with useful articles. A good blog will confirm your expertise in the market, and if you serve your visitors with useful content they might repay you by being return visitors, likely buyers, and hopefully spending their money.
If a lack of time or weak writing savvy becomes a problem, you might decide to contract out your blog to a specialized company. These individuals or organizations will write your blog to match your specs, to assist you in drawing clients to your business.
The overwhelming majority of people that write blogs merely want to give their viewpoint on something, but it is comparatively easy for new ventures to utilize blogs to increase interest and, of course, produce some additional cash too. You need to ensure you insert your marketing material into your blog content, but do not restrict it to only bringing in new buyers. By developing your blog to systematically touch base with current customers, rather than concentrating only on new business, you can utilize the chance to fully inform them about everything your organization is doing.
If your businesses blog becomes well-liked it will be worth trying to sell advertising space to other non-competing companies with the same client base. With Bing Blogs, and applications such as BlogAds, bloggers can easily organize advertising programs and they will all allow you to pick a lot of advertisements that are consistent with the theme of your blog.
Ideas To Action - next
A Great Business did not just happen - It was planned that way.