The main reason that some people take opportunities when they arise, and others do not, is that some people are ready.
They have their business plan ready and all they need to do is take advantage of the opportunities.
Where can you find the right business plan?
If your business is based in the United States - click here
If your business is based in the U.K. - click here
Ideas To Action.
Part 25 - The Internet.
There is a proven sequence of steps you can follow to guarantee your success when you're starting a small business online. You can start and grow a successful business on the Internet by doing the following:
Anyone, from newbie to seasoned online entrepreneur, can benefit from this process in learning how to manage a business online.
- Find a need and fill it - Most businesses that are just starting out make the mistake of looking for a product first, and a market second.
- Write content that sells – There is a proven sales copy formula that takes visitors through the selling process from the moment they arrive to the moment they make a purchase.
- Arouse interest in your business with a compelling headline.
- Describe the problem your business solves.
- Establish your businesses credibility as a solver of this problem.
- Add testimonials from people who have used your business.
- Talk about your businesses products and services and how it benefits the user.
- Make an offer.
- Make a strong guarantee.
- Create urgency.
- Ask for the sale.
- Design and build your businesses website - Once you've got your market and product, and you've nailed down your selling process, now you're ready for your small-business web design.
- Choose one or two plain fonts on a white background.
- Make your navigation clear and simple, and the same on every page.
- Only use graphics, audio or video if they enhance your message.
- Include an opt-in offer so you can collect e-mail addresses.
- Make it easy to buy from your business; no more than two clicks between potential customer and checkout.
- Your website is your businesses online storefront, so make it customer-friendly.
- Use search engines to drive targeted buyers to your site - Pay-per-click advertising is the easiest way to get traffic to a brand-new site.
- Establish an expert reputation for your business - People use the internet to find information. Provide that information for free to other sites, and you'll see more traffic and better search engine rankings.
- Give away free, expert content. Create articles, videos or any other content that people will find useful. Distribute that content through online article directories or social media sites.
- Include "send to a friend" links on valuable content on your website.
- Become an active expert in industry forums and social networking sites where your target market hangs out.
- Use the power of e-mail marketing to turn visitors into buyers - When you build an opt-in list, you're creating one of the most valuable assets of your business.
- You are giving them something they have asked for.
- You are developing lifetime relationships with them.
- The response is 100 percent measurable.
- E-mail marketing is cheaper and more effective than print, TV or radio because it is highly targeted.
- Increase your income through back-end sales and upselling - One of the most important internet marketing strategies for any business is to develop every customer's lifetime value.
- Offer products and services that complement their original purchase.
- Send out electronic loyalty coupons they can redeem on their next visit.
- Offer related products and services on your "Thank You" page after they purchase.
Reward your customers for their loyalty and they will become even more loyal to your business.
The net has forged a wholly new economy which, by its explosive growth and enormous size, has already changed our attitude towards the time-honored way of trading. Companies like Amazon and eBay have prosperously created dominance in sectors where only a few years ago old-style brick and mortar businesses were dominant. Be that as it may, in order to make a living on the Internet, there is no need to be as big as they are. Many smaller and medium-sized businesses manage to build web businesses very profitably, as a matter of fact, studies show small to mid-size businesses will be the dominant growth area of e-commerce in the coming years.
In order to generate a sale you need likely customers to visit your online store. On your businesses website your store should be just a single click away from your prospective buyers. With decent promotion your storefront should have a larger number of visitors than you would ever get off-line.
Whether you decide to sell goods and services on your companies website or not, you must be on the net, otherwise, as you should have noticed, people simply do not take your company seriously when you tell them that you do not have an online presence. An interesting website obviously upgrades the image of any business notably if it has forceful product or service related content too.
Customer acquisition and retention is one of the most important elements of all businesses. Thanks to the Internet, any business can take care of client support more effectively. This creates greater customer satisfaction and a resultant increase in profits.
Only a couple of years ago, businesses used to require weeks to deliver products or update information for their clients. Things have changed a lot! These days you can update any improvements to your businesses website and its product related material in a matter of minutes, publish, and then share it with the whole planet.
New technologies means you can take anything your organization does online; including supply chain management, accounting, shipping and purchasing. Systematizing your processes using online systems will allow you to cut costs considerably in almost every part of your business. As an example, you could cut about ten percent from your selling costs by utilizing e-business solutions. These savings might turn into half of your businesses net profit!
The main benefit of starting an online store are that they are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Because of the Internet, goods could be sold at times other than your everyday opening times.
Setting up a website no longer requires a big investment. There is a lot of budget-priced software ready to use nowadays, which can help you in establishing your site from scratch. Most website production programs means you can create your own website from templates. For under $100 monthly you can have a thorough company site with all the necessary e-commerce features.
The web allows you to do business anyplace on the globe. Your organizations whereabouts, apart from a very few situations, is not that important when you conduct your business online.
By utilizing the Internet you can instantaneously turn into an international player and you should not have to invest huge amounts of cash to do this. There are actually dozens of vertical and horizontal e-marketplace portals available on the Internet. These sites allow your company, for a small payment, to gain access to a huge audience of possible prospects from all around the world. According to recent research more than $1.5 trillion worth of items will flow through these B2B marketplaces this year.
Putting your company on the web is becoming reasonably priced and straightforward thanks to the development of newer technologies but marketing online is growing increasingly pricier for small businesses. Take your company onto the web straight away, before the advertising costs become uneconomical for your business.
Ideas To Action - next
A Great Business did not just happen - It was planned that way.