The main reason that some people take opportunities when they arise, and others do not, is that some people are ready.
They have their business plan ready and all they need to do is take advantage of the opportunities.
Where can you find the right business plan?
If your business is based in the United States - click here
If your business is based in the U.K. - click here
Ideas To Action.
Part 42 - Tumblr.
Tumblr offers many free and premium blog designs, and is one of the most mobile-friendly publishing platforms any business can use. If your business uses both Tumblr and Facebook, you can integrate Tumblr posts into your Facebook timeline. Tumblr says it hosts nearly 65 million blogs, garnering nearly 17 billion page views per month. In terms of engagement, Tumblr is second only to Facebook when it comes to the average amount of time users spend on the site.
So, is Tumblr is a good match for your business?
According to internet analytics service comScore, 50 percent of Tumblr users are age 25 or younger. So if your business targets the youth market, it should be worth a shot, but even if young people are not your core market, Tumblr's search visibility benefits, mobile friendliness, and popularity should make it worthwhile to at least experiment with.
Here's a look at what you will need to know to start using Tumblr for your business:
- Get your feet wet - If you are accustomed to conventional blogging tools such as WordPress, Tumblr may feel limiting at first, especially if your business is trying to publish longer articles. It also has its own idiosyncrasies for "liking" and sharing content.
- Follow, "like" and reblog often - In any social media, listening and curating are key to engaging your followers. You can search Tumblr for posts on topics related to you or your business, see who publishes the most important, popular or engaging items on those topics, and follow them.
- Take a few minutes each day to "like" or reply to Tumblr posts from other people. Also, share their posts (called "reblogging" on Tumblr), which will put them on your Tumblr blog with attribution. Experiment with posting different types of content: links to interesting stuff you find online, your own photos or videos, brief written observations or tips, and more.
- Install Tumblr tools to make posting easy from anywhere - On your computer, install the Tumblr "bookmarklet" in your Web browser. Then, you can click the Tumblr button in your browser toolbar to quickly create a Tumblr post about any Web page you view, without having to log in to Tumblr or copy or paste anything.
- Install Tumblr's mobile app on your smartphone or tablet. Then, Tumblr will automatically show up as an option whenever you select "share" from any content item in most other apps, such as YouTube, your mobile Web browser or your photo gallery.
- Use tags - A key way that Tumblr users discover each other is by the tags they append to posts. Pay attention to the tags used on the most popular Tumblr posts for topics that interest you. You can save those searches ("tracking" those tags) so you can easily see the latest posts, even if you do not follow those users. Where relevant, tag your businesses posts using those same tags.
- Get more advanced - Tumblr offers other useful features, such as monitoring and analyzing traffic to your Tumblr blog with Google Analytics. Also, you can apply a custom domain name to a Tumblr blog, meaning you can use Tumblr as the primary website or blog for your business. Using a custom domain name can improve the search visibility of your Tumblr blog.
Ideas To Action - next
A Great Business did not just happen - It was planned that way.