The main reason that some people take opportunities when they arise, and others do not, is that some people are ready.
They have their business plan ready and all they need to do is take advantage of the opportunities.
Where can you find the right business plan?
If your business is based in the United States - click here
If your business is based in the U.K. - click here
Ideas To Action.
Part 56 - Web Hosting.
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and businesses to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server owned or leased for use by clients, as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for other servers located in their data center.
Many large businesses that are not Internet service providers need to be permanently connected to the web to send email, files, etc. to other sites. The business may use the computer as a website host to provide details of their goods and services and facilities for online orders.
A complex site calls for a more comprehensive package that provides database support and application development platforms. These facilities allow businesses to write or install scripts for applications like forums and content management.
- Shared web hosting service: The businesses website is placed on the same server as many other sites, ranging from a few sites to hundreds of websites.
- Reseller web hosting: allows clients to become web hosts themselves. Resellers could function, for individual domains, under any combination of these listed types of hosting, depending on who they are affiliated with as a reseller.
- Virtual Dedicated Server: also known as a Virtual Private Server (VPS) divides server resources into virtual servers, where resources can be allocated in a way that does not directly reflect the underlying hardware.
- Dedicated hosting service: the business gets their own Web server and gains full control over it; however, the user typically does not own the server.
- Managed hosting service: the business gets their own Web server but is not allowed full control over it; however, they are allowed to manage their data via FTP or other remote management tools.
- Co-location web hosting service: similar to the dedicated web hosting service, but the business owns the colo server; the hosting company provides physical space that the server takes up and takes care of the server. This is the most powerful and expensive type of web hosting service.
- Cloud hosting: is a new type of hosting platform that allows businesses powerful, scalable and reliable hosting based on clustered load-balanced servers and utility billing. A cloud hosted website may be more reliable than alternatives since other computers in the cloud can compensate when a single piece of hardware goes down.
- Clustered hosting: having multiple servers hosting the same content for better resource utilization. Clustered servers are a perfect solution for high-availability dedicated hosting, or creating a scalable web hosting solution.
- Grid hosting: this form of distributed hosting is when a server cluster acts like a grid and is composed of multiple nodes.
- Home server: usually a single machine placed in a private residence can be used to host one or more web sites from a usually consumer-grade broadband connection. These can be purpose-built machines or more commonly old PCs.
Funds only go so far, so your businesses website needs to be near the top of the list when you are prioritizing how to use available resources. Even though most businesses do not need a large website, it is the platform that establishes your brand and serves as a main access point for reaching customers.
- 1&1. This website company is known for its security strength, focusing on serving businesses that want to sell products online. Features include a web-space recovery tool, daily backups, shared and dedicated SSLs. They also offer SiteLock for an additional fee for regular malware scans or signs of suspicious activity. We use them for the majority of our 74 websites.
- Hostwinds. This VPS hosting service is one of the cheapest host providers your business will be able to find. Serving U.S. and UK start-ups and small businesses, Hostwinds is known for their reliability, with a no-downtime guarantee to back that up, plus 24/7 technical support that quickly solves problems through live chat or phone.
- Bluehost. Use this webhosting service if your business needs a lot of features, such as unlimited domain hosting, GB file transfer, hosting space and email accounts, as well as free templates and domain name, all under one account (domain).
- FatCow. This simple, straightforward, eco-friendly web hosting company uses wind power to run its operations and features a knowledgeable and friendly team. The web hosting does not limit how many domains, subdomains, add-on domains or parked domains you can host from one account.
- A Small Orange. This web hosting company offers many shared plans, including the Tiny plan for small startups, the Medium for the average size business and the Super for more complex websites. They also offer a VPS or dedicated hosting plan for even more room.
- GreenGeeks. Like many web hosting companies on this list, this one is committed to environmentally friendly webhosting, opting for renewable energy sources to power its operations.
- Hostgator. This website hosting company provides a significant level of confidence, thanks to all-access tech support through email, phone, social media and live chat. They also have numerous resources and a forum to get additional help.
- InMotion Hosting. Starting with 99.9% uptime guarantee, you can feel at ease knowing this website hosting company will be working for you around the clock. Other great features include WordPress web hosting, private domain registration, cPanel demonstrations and dedicated SSL certificates.
- iPage. This website hosting company delivers many unlimited features and value-adds, plus it regularly puts its shared hosting services on sale, such as its current promotion of $1.99 per month or $23.88 per year. The only additional fee is $14.99 for the first year of a domain name, but set-up and domain migration are free.
- Hostt. While it may seem like free website hosting is impossible, Hostt proves it is anything but. Rather than just offering a stripped-down webhosting service for just the very basics, Hostt offers many extras. These include free WordPress and free Joomla hosting, as well as support for Ruby, Python, Apache, Lighttpd, Mongrel and Visual Studio.
Ideas To Action - next
A Great Business did not just happen - It was planned that way.